"The Bird by the Bird program brings the outside world inside the walls of a classroom. It has made my students think about and show concern for their environment. My students love the fact that they can now identify different types of birds in Idaho.
Here are some comments by this year’s students:
- The bird by bird program is interesting. I have learned many new things. I can identify all sorts of birds now. I have learned the difference between raptors and songbirds. I have learned many new useful facts. -Brayden
- So far, the experience has showed me the value of learning about birds. I learned they are a one-of-a kind creature, and I hope I get to work with them through out the school year. This experience was extremely inspiring to me. –Caden
- It is fun to learn about birds because of their unique lifestyle. I really appreciate their magnificent body structure and feeding habits. I have learned that birds will do anything to eat and are smart about finding their prey. I really find it an enjoyable, educational project. -Alex
- So far, I have learned that birds are one-of-a-kind creatures. They are the only creatures capable of flight besides bats. For the project that we were assigned I and a friend are going to record the birds in the spring that migrate back to Idaho. -Preston
- I have learned about how different birds migrating during different seasons and what types staying in cold places. This has helped us to learn more about the animals we see around us everyday. It's interesting to see the different types of birds and when they come. –Katie
- What I like about the bird by bird through bird projects is that it is fun. And that it helps all of the other scientists out in the world by us doing this. It feels good to help the environment. -Tagen"
8th grade teacher