- Schools must apply for admission to the program.
- Typically, one classroom per school participates.
- Admission is dependent upon funding, school commitment and teacher innovation.
- Participation is required for one full school year (September through June).
- Participating schools are loaned bird feeding equipment (tube and ground feeders), optics (spotting scope, tripod and binoculars), a bird bath, perches, bird seed, and great collection of bird books.
- Wild Birds Unlimited Boise (5 Mile and Overland Rd), the program's business partner, provides the seed, feeders and optics at a significant discount as their way of encouraging youth to engage in birding.
- Participating schools are also given native plants and trees to enhance bird habitat on school grounds, and help with native plant education for outdoor classroom areas.
- "Bird by Bird" facilitators provide biological assistance, equipment training, field trips and, monthly classroom visits.
Interested in participating? Contact us!